The Fotona Laser is a non-invasive treatment that uses patented technology and the 2940nm Er:YAG laser to deliver thermal energy which tightens the upper layer of tissue and underlying structures. This process stimulates the production of new collagen, leading to the gradual firming and thickening of the vaginal wall. The treatment is effective for addressing issues such as lack of elasticity, urinary incontinence, and darkening of the skin in the vaginal area.
How does it work?
Women who suffer from mild to moderate urinary incontinence, want to reduce the frequency of urination or nocturia, experience vaginal laxity after childbirth, have vaginal atrophy and dryness due to menopause, and who desire to improve their sexual satisfaction and overall quality of life.
People who are pregnant, have severe diabetes, have inflammation or infection at the treatment site, have a herpes simplex infection at the treatment site, are currently menstruating, have postpartum lochia, or have undiagnosed vaginal bleeding.
The treatment is not recommended for those with the following conditions：
- Inflammation or infection at the treatment site.
- Herpes simplex infection at the treatment site.
- Currently menstruating
- Postpartum lochia or undiagnosed vaginal bleeding.
- Daily life can be resumed immediately after this treatment.
- After this treatment, keep the perineum clean and dry, and use antibiotic ointment (vulva whitening) if necessary.
- Please wash your vaginal area with water for the 2 days after the treatment. Do not use soap or shower gel and avoid vaginal washing and bathing products.
- Sexual activity can be resumed as normal after 3 days, but patients with urinary incontinence are recommended to wait for 1 week.
- Avoid thongs, leggings, or other skintight trousers and try to wear breathable cotton underwear.
- Avoid using panty liners during the first 3 days of heavy discharge.
- A second treatment may be necessary after one month following the initial treatment. Maintenance treatments can be performed annually thereafter.
According to international clinical research statistics, after one treatment, 86% of patients with mild to moderate urinary incontinence experience improved symptoms. Additionally, the vaginal canal diameter can be tightened by an average of 17% (about 1.2cm) after one treatment.
Generally, it is recommended to have 2 to 3 treatments per year, with an interval of three to four weeks between each course of treatment. Whether the third treatment is necessary depends on individual levels of improvement. According to international studies and clinical statistics, after completing a full course of Er:YAG laser treatment, the improvements can last for about one to one and a half years (varying from person to person). This treatment can be regarded as akin to a pap smear and considered part of one’s annual intimate area maintenance to alleviate vaginal issues caused by aging, such as dryness and urinary incontinence.