The poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) in Sculptra is a powder that is mixed with water and injected into the dermis and subcutaneous tissue to increase volume in areas of facial hollowing and stimulate the production of collagen. Over time, this gradual process results in a reduction of the signs of aging, providing excellent outcomes in wrinkle reduction, cheek augmentation, overall facial lifting, and contour reshaping. Additionally, Sculptra greatly enhances the texture, quality, and smoothness of the skin, helping to restore a youthful appearance and a feeling of elasticity.
For optimal results, injections are typically administered across 2-3 sessions, each spaced 4-6 weeks apart. The number of injections required may vary depending on an individual’s response to the Sculptra treatment. Collagen production in the deep layers of the skin takes time, so the effects of Sculptra will gradually take effect over the course of 1-3 months, and can last up to two years. It is important to note that factors such as one’s individual constitution and lifestyle habits can impact treatment progress and the duration of the treatment effects.
Sculptra can restore loose and sagging skin to its natural, plump state by filling in sunken areas of the face. Common injection areas include the temples, cheeks, nasolabial folds, tear troughs, chin contours, and hands that feature loose skin, prominent veins, and increased wrinkles.
- Women who are pregnant, may become pregnant, or who are breastfeeding.
- Those with renal circulatory disorders.
- Those with a high level of blood urea nitrogen.
- Those with moderate to severe hypertension.
- Those with coagulopathy (individuals with a history of bleeding disorders or thrombosis).
- Those with severe liver parenchymal damage.
- If you have liver disease, please consult a professional doctor to discuss a suitable injection formula.
- Immediately after the injection treatment, a deep massage is needed to help evenly disperse the 3D PLLA.
- Apply an ice pack after the massage to reduce swelling at the treatment site.
- For care while at home, massage in a 5/5/5 routine. This means that for 5 days after surgery, it is recommended that patients perform 5 massages per day at the treatment site, each lasting for 5 minutes. In addition to promoting the even distribution of 3D PLLA, this will accelerate the production of collagen, leading to more natural and desired results.